In May 2019 in Vietnam, there was a case of two corpses in concrete that shocked the public. The case was widely reported by the press and caused great attention because of its barbaric details. However, many unusual points are revealed from the case.

According to the case file, from December 27, 2018 to January 23, 2019, the group of 6 people, led by Pham Thi Thien Ha, rented villa V5 at the resort in Binh Chau commune, Xuyen Moc district (Ba Ria – Vung Tau). Here, after 10 days of fasting (living without food and drink), Mr. Tran Duc Linh was exhausted, then beaten and died on the evening of January 20, 2019. Mr. Linh’s corpse was left in V5 villa for three days. On January 23, 2019, the group of people transported the corpse to a rented house at number 90 in Hung Hoa commune, Bau Bang district (in Binh Duong Province).

However, according to the resort’s residence book, this group of people rented for 3 intermittent times, and there was no time that lasted up to 10 days (the time period that Mr. Linh ‘lived without food and drink’ in the room). 

(“The villa registration process shows Le Ngoc Phuong Thao (born in 1990) has stayed 3 times. The first time, from December 27, 2018 to January 1, 2019. Second time, from January 15 to January 20, 2019. Third time from January 21, 2019 to January 23, 2019. During the 3 times of stay, the above group all stayed in villa V5″)

Screenshot on Kenh 14 website

According to the conclusion of the investigation, Mr. Linh died on the evening of January 20, but that day was the day the group checked out (rented from January 15-20, 2019). So when this group of people checked out, the resort staff did not check the room? This contradicts the fact that Mr. Linh’s corpe was kept in the 16-degree air-conditioning room in the V5 villa since the evening of January 20, 2020.

According to the case filings, the group of people put Mr. Linh’s corpse in a plastic container filled with tea leaves and then poured concrete surrounding that barrel, in the rented house in Binh Duong. Nearly 2 months later, on March 15, 2019, that group of 4 women killed Tran Tri Thanh by electric shock and strangulation in the same rented house. According to Thien Ha’s testimony and the conclusion of the investigation, Thanh died at around 4:00 p.m. on March 15, 2019 during heavy rain and lightning.

Page 6 of the investigation conclusion of the case and Thien Ha’s testimony on  May 30, 2019

However, in fact, the weather forecasts showed that it was sunny that day. Also, the rainfall data of the General Department of Water Resources measured at stations in Binh Duong province on March 15, 2019, is 0 ml.

The rainfall data saved by the General Department of Water Resources on the website, on March 15, 2019,

According to the case file records, 4 women put Thanh’s corpse into a rectangular plastic container, poured concrete and then shot glue around the container. After that, two women: “Thao and Huyen used rope to tie the barrel containing Linh’s corpse and dragged it to the room where Thanh’s corpse was located”. After March 18, 2019, “because Thanh’s corpse stinked and smelled of glue, the defendants left the house to rent a room at Tiamo Hotel, Phu Tho Ward, Thu Dau Mot City, Binh Duong Province”. 

Page 7 of the investigation conclusion of the case

So according to the records, the 4 women left 2 plastic containers at the house in Binh Duong and moved to Tiamo hotel after March 18, 2019.

However, in fact, there are two times, in the middle of April and the end of April 2019, Mr. Nguyen Minh Vuong (the old owner of the house) and Mr. Nguyen Thanh Hung (the new owner) came to check the house before the official purchase. In mid-April, Mr. Hung confirmed “there was no furniture in the house, only a few torn nets ..”.

(at 1:30)

At the end of April, Mr. Vuong confirmed that “there are no plastic containers in the house, just some household items were messed up”.

Screenshot from Vnexpress at

Until May 15, 2019, when Mr. Vuong handed over the house to the new owner Mr. Hung, Mr. Hung discovered a lot of assets such as beds, refrigerators, motorbikes … and 2 plastic containers filled with concrete in the bedroom. Because the concrete blocks were

 too heavy to carry or move, Mr. Hung had to get the concrete blocks smashed and found out there were corpses inside.

Thus, it can be affirmed that 2 concrete containers can only appear in the house after April 30, 2019. However, the Conclusion of the Investigation of the Binh Duong Police Department confirmed that on March 18, 2019, “because Thanh’s corpse stinked together with the smell of glue, the defendants left to rent a room at Tiamo Hotel”. So how can this group of women be culprits when 2 concrete blocks appeared in the house after they left for more than a month?

In addition, an old-lady neighbour (from her bedroom, she could see the house of the case) said: “About one week before the incident was discovered (May 15, 2019), there were many cars (4 seats, 7 seats) bustling in the area of ​​the house above from 12 o’clock midnight to 1-2 am. Then the stench began to rise”.

(at 3:51)

In addition, Tiamo hotel staff confirmed: “A group of guests rented a room on the ground floor in early April for seven million VND/month, of which the youngest girl Le Ngoc Phuong Thao, 29 years old, gave her ID card for residence registration. Four people shared a double bed room, lived self-contained, less going out“.

Screenshot from Vnexpress at

Even if somehow this group of women returned to the house (after they had left) to move two concrete barrels into the house during the period after April 30, 2019, where did they meet 2 victims? And why would they have to bring the two corpses back to the rental house they left off, is like denouncing themselves for murder?

Regarding to the two plastic barrels containing 2 corpses filled with concrete, both Mr. Nguyen Manh Hung (who smashed the concrete barrel) and Mr. Nguyen Thanh Hung (the new owner of the house) confirmed that the concrete block was very heavy, could not be lifted up to move out, so they had to smash it. Why were the two weak women, Huyên and Thao, able to pull the concrete barrel with Linh’s corpse inside into the room where Thanh’s corpse was located, according to the case file?

Mr. Nguyen Manh Hung added that the concrete block was cast smoothly, the lid was welded very firmly that only skillful and experienced mason is able to do it: “If you look the outside, it’s impossible to know there is a corpse inside it because it is exactly like the concrete block, the zinc plate is also firmly wrapped around the lid of the barrels, I used hammer to hit but could not remove the lid, so I had to use the hammer’s blade to slowly pry to open it.”

Therefore, he asserted that this group of 4 women could not “cast” such a “beautiful” concrete block.

The case file shows that this group of 4 women had just experienced a fasting process (‘living without food and drink’) so they were very weak. With such poor health conditions of 3 women (one was too old and weak to participate) could they cast such beautiful concrete?

According to the case file, Tran Duc Linh died on January 20, 2019 and Tran Tri Thanh died on March 15, 2019. That means, by the date of the discovery of two concrete blocks (May 15, 2019), Linh died about 4 months and Thanh died for more than 2 months.

However, with decades of experience in working with corpses, Hung said that both victims had just been murdered not too long, both bodies were still intact: “If a person dies for a long time, I just need to hold a part of his hair and it will fall out right away ”. 

Screenshot from Vnexpress at Screenshot from Vnexpress at

Mr. Hung confirmed that a corpse died just around 10 days (believed to be Thanh) and a corpse died in about 1 month (presumed to be Linh) (as shown in the related audio recording).

This also coincided with the initial forensic examination results of the Binh Duong Police Department which said that two corpses were killed more than a month before the incident.

According to the case file, the assessment of fingerprints to identify Tran Tri Thanh’s body was concluded on February 20, 2020, and that of Tran Duc Linh on February 14, 2020. That is 9 months after the incident.

Page 15 of the investigation conclusion of the case

So, if it took 9 months to have fingerprints assessment’s result, on what basis does the investigation agency conclude that the two corpses were Linh and Thanh at the time the case was discovered (May 2019)? Moreover, at the time of Tran Tri Thanh’s cremation (May 21, 2019), the investigation agency still did not have any evidence to confirm that it was Tran Tri Thanh.

In addition, in the conclusion of fingerprints assessment of Forensic Science Department of Binh Duong Police (February 20, 2020), it is recorded: Photo of the right index finger of the corpse, compared with the fingerprint in the ID card Tran Tri Thanh “gave result that they were of the same person”.

But the photo of Tran Tri Thanh’s corpse showed that the right index finger was amputated with two missing knuckle bones. So how can it compare with fingerprints in the ID card of Tran Tri Thanh to give the result “of the same person”?

At the June 26, 2020 trial, when the judge asked Tran Tri Thanh’s mother if she had any request on punishing the defendants, she affirmed: “They did not kill my son. No claim for punishment”. She believed the corpse was not Tran Tri Thanh and for some reason, the group of 4 women did not tell the truth.

Why did Ms. Tran Thi Kim Thanh (victim’s mother) thought that the corpse in concrete was not her son? Ms. Thanh said that 3 days after the case was discovered, on May 18, 2019, the police took Ms. Thanh and her husband to the Criminal Science Testing Institute of Ho Chi Minh City in order to obtain their DNA sample and said that the results would be released within 1 day. However, 1 year has passed since this date; her family still hasn’t received the DNA testing result yet.

DNA tests are extremely important, revealing many identifiable characteristics of the victim in case the corpse is deformed and unrecognizable like in this case. So why until the time of the case trial (June 25-26, 2020) and even today, Tran Tri Thanh’s family still has not received the DNA test results that identify their relationship?

In addition, the initial results of Binh Duong Police Department’s forensic examination revealed that the two corpses were 30-35 years old, while Tran Duc Linh was 52 years old and Tran Tri Thanh 27 years old.

With all the above facts, Ms. Thanh did not believe that these two corpses belonged to Thanh and Linh. Ms. Thanh also believes that these four women did not murder, because no one is so stupid that they leave two concrete barrels containing corpses in the house they used to rent in an easy-to-spot location, and then leave.

So if those two corpses are not Linh and Thành’s ones, where are these two men? And who placed these two “replaced” corpses in the house above and for what purpose?

Although the case happened in Binh Duong province (Vietnam), the pro-CCP media in Taiwan and the CCP media also reported this incident very closely.

On May 19, 2019, when the investigative agency in Vietnam published the suspects’ testimony, the CCP (China Communist Party) media also launched an international media campaign to defame Falun Gong. Why was the CCP media “particularly interested” in a murder in Vietnam and so attached to the “element” of the Falun Gong cultivation practice?

And at the trial in Binh Duong on June 25-26, 2020, the group of women “pleaded guilty” to murder and said they did not practice Falun Gong, but the CCP media such as Global Times, Sina, QQ News … still frantically kept attributing the murder to Falun Gong? Many people have noticed this unusual move by the CCP.